[MPlayer-dev-eng] Postproc Hell..

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Mon Jan 31 16:05:38 CET 2005

Hi,

Andrea Palmatè wrote:

> i have many problems with postproc. Actually only if I use the 1.0pre4
> version it works, with newer versions the colors are wrong and there are
> many problems with avi files (DIVX, XVID and so on). If I compile the
> altivec versions the problems remains.

FSF is known to produce such artifacts on PowerPC...
Try using Apple's GCC if you are running MacOSX, or try compiling yours
by it checking out from Apple's CVS.
More informations here:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/DeveloperTools/gcc-3.3/gcc/Source-Code.html

Diego, that's the second message in less than a week about that
problem... souldn't we add a FAQ entry about that?
Maybe Romain Dolbeau should post a message about this exact problem so
the FAQ entry would be accurate.

Regards,
Guillaume