[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH to support theora-exp in mplayer

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sun May 1 08:53:30 CEST 2005

Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:

> As I said, I only work with Ogg containers. I assume someone (not Xiph)
> has done something similar for Vorbis, however. You could probably do
> the exact same thing for Theora.

Then could be quite easy:

extradata: N packets -> store them as [size][packet1][size][packet2]...

data: usual stuff

> The theora-exp rewrite should contain no buffer
> overflows, regardless of the validity of the video data (unless of
> course I've made mistakes somewhere, but I did pay special attention to
> the issue).

Thank you for you work, I hope there will be an advisor about that
issue. When the theoraexp will be released?

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Developer		Gentoo/PPC Operational Manager
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero