[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: lavc appears to not function with mpegpes anymore

C.Y.M syphyr at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:39:41 CEST 2005

C.Y.M wrote:

>>From the mplayer-dvb mail list, this problem has also been reported by another
> individual.  He mentioned in his report that lavc was working with mpegpes in
> the mplayer-pre7 release.  From my testing, this was working several weeks ago
> in the head mplayer cvs branch, but I can not be sure which cvs date is was.
> So, I grabbed a copy of the mplayer-pre7 release and built it with a copy of
> ffmpeg cvs from 2005-04-27 and ran into the same error.  Therefore, I think it
> has to do with ffmpeg, but I cant be certain.

After more testing, I have determined that the problem is *not* with mplayer.
It appears to definitly be a ffmpeg issue as expected.  I had to go back to
ffmpeg 2005-04-03 and now its working just fine with the latest cvs of mplayer.
 Now I just need to determine the exact date of the ffmpeg breakage.. It is
somewhere between 2005-04-03 and 2005-04-27 :) hehe..

Best Regards,
C.Y.M.