[MPlayer-dev-eng] PATCH to correct audio playback in .3gp files

Richard van der Hoff richardv at mxtelecom.com
Fri May 6 17:27:19 CEST 2005

Roberto Togni wrote:
> On Thu, 05 May 2005 14:23:02 +0100
> Richard van der Hoff <richardv at mxtelecom.com> wrote:
>

>>There still seems to be a problem playing back some .3gp files - they give:
>>
>>Unknown/missing audio format -> no sound
>>ADecoder init failed :(
>>Cannot find codec for audio format 0x726D6173.
>>
>>and there is no audio.
>>
>>The attached patch fixes this.
>>
>>I have a sample clip which demonstrates the problem - I can upload this
>>if required.
>>

> Please do it, or at least provide -v output.

I have now done so - it's
ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/no-sound-3gp.3gp.

> Did you tested the patch with other qt files to be sure it doesn't break
> anything (samplerate can be different from the value from mov file) ?

I have tested it with quite a few; however I see what you mean and I
don't think I've been able to find a mov file which has samplerate
different from the value in the file.

However, it looks to me that it makes more sense to set nSamplesPerSec
to the corrected value of samplerate than the value taken from mov file.

Regards

Richard

--
Richard van der Hoff <richardv at mxtelecom.com>