[MPlayer-dev-eng] I would like to make a donation

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat May 7 18:17:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 5/7/05, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 12:35:10PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 5/7/05, Michael Wang <mwang25 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Mplayer team,
> > >
> > > Thanks for making such a great product.  I downloaded an RPM version
> > > of mplayer and it works!
> > >
> > > I would like to make a small donation to thank you for your efforts,
> > > but I really can't buy you a 1U rackmount server.  I was thinking of
> > > just giving you some cash or a small present from Amazon.com.  Other
> > > websites have a link to their paypal account or to an Amazon.com gift
> > > registery.  If you put something like that up on your web site, I bet
> > > many more people will thank you for your efforts.  I know I will!
> >
> > Our website features a donation page already (which you probably have
> > seen already) : http://mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design7/donations.html
> >
> > You may not know to whom you may donate. IMHO, you should donate to
> > members who haven't received anything yet:
>
> Also, if you have a particular feature you'd like to see improved or
> implemented, donate the stuff that you think will help get that done.

In other words, if you want to help the development and testing of
inverse telecine filters, send a truckload of anime DVDs to Rich and
we'll get him locked in a room with coffee and food until he produces
the best filters around.

That goes for the all the other devs who asked for a donation! ;-)
(lucky me, I did not ask for any donation :-) )

Guillaume