[MPlayer-dev-eng] Frapsvid.dll

Roine Gustafsson roine at users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 9 13:34:33 CEST 2005

On May 8, 2005, at 2:15 PM, faxmodem at free.fr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I uploaded frapsvid.dll to
> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/fraps/
> along with the fourcc, and a sample video file.
>
> It's cool if someone has the time to look into it
> It's a video codec used by the excellent directx capturing software
> FRAPS
> http://www.fraps.com/ and it doesn't seem to work in mplayer:

I've been trying to make a fraps codec for ffmpeg.
Fraps videos come in two versions. The old version 0 is uncompressed
y420. The newer version 2 has some kind of canonical huffman
compression applied to the planes (my current guesstimate). I have made
a libavcodec codec for version 0 but not succeeded in decoding a
version 2. Both have fourcc FPS1.

BTW: all the WMV's in the MPlayer FTP archive are *not* fraps videos.
They are WMV's that were probably re-coded from fraps captures, and
should be deleted. I've never seen fraps in anything but avi
containers.
FLASHPOINT...avi is a version 2. I have a bunch of v0 and v2's
collected that I can upload. They are 10-30MB each.

If anyone feels like re the v2 I can give you the info I've found so
far.

   /Roine