[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] ssa reader for mplayer using vf_overlay

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Sat Oct 1 03:34:58 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 09:57:24AM -0400, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 00:21 -0400, Robert Henney wrote:

> > The other is that invalidate ranges don't seem to be working perfectly
> > right for me.  Currently to get around the problem I'm issuing an
> > "invalidate=.." with dimentions that cover the entire overlay memory.
>
> I haven't noticed any problems myself with this.  I've never been
> concerned about calculating the invalidate rectangles since I've been
> using Evas, and it does that for me.  If there's a bug in this area, I'm
> guessing that it has to do with the coordinate translation code.  Is
> there any hardware scaling of your video happening?  If so, vf_overlay
> will scale the OSD from display size to frame size, and it will
> translate all coordinates from one to the other.  You can try using
> software scaling in the filter chain to prevent any resizing and see if
> it fixes your problem.

[..]

> Or maybe the bug is in your application, I don't know. :)  If you can
> tell me how to reproduce it, I can certainly fix it.

I've written a minimal example program.  the needed files for it are
here:
	http://rut.org/mpssa/osdtest/

it almost looks like a parser bug.  when the lock first gets set to
0x20, the overlay acknowledges all of the issued invalidates, but each
time the lock gets set to 0x20 after that only one of the issued
invalidates is acknowledged.

--
robh