[MPlayer-dev-eng] avisynth.dll

Gianluigi Tiesi mplayer at netfarm.it
Sat Oct 1 08:22:07 CEST 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 06:57:40AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 09:04:22PM +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:
> >
> > Does avisynth.dll works on other Os than windows? Iirc the author
> > (Gianluigi Tiesi) told me that it needs c++ exceptions, that are not
> > handled by our win32 loader/emulator.
>
> IIRC it is Windows only.
>
> > If that is true, what about enabling avisynth only on windows?

It doesn't changes much except of some messages in verbose mode, since
if loadlibrary fails it exits the init, anyway until some big brain
ports c++ exception handler to win32 loader it's safe to disable it on
non WIN32.
My old tests were a bit unsucessfull, even disabling try/catch blocks
in avs sources, order of passed params was a mess (on windows just
works).

Bye

--
Gianluigi Tiesi <sherpya at netfarm.it>