[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: [MPlayer-users] ssa reader for mplayer using vf_overlay

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Sat Oct 1 16:08:05 CEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 03:35 -0400, Robert Henney wrote:
> 	UPDATE: did some further testing before sending this mail and
> 	came up with a pattern.  if the y value passed with the
> 	invalidate command is ODD, then this strange color shift
> 	always happens, but never when it's EVEN.

Ah, yes, this does make sense. :)  I'll add some code to vf_overlay
which internally aligns the coordinates given to multiples of 2.  I can
reproduce the problem here.

>     // 'mem' is pointer to overlay memory
[...]
> 	pW = (unsigned long*)mem + 4 + imagex + (y+imagey) * screenwidth;

The BGRA buffer is offset 16 bytes from the shmem address, so it looks
like you should be adding 16, rather than 4.

Cheers,
Jason.