[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Adam Tlałka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Sun Oct 9 14:35:26 CEST 2005

Dnia Sun, 09 Oct 2005 14:02:56 +0200, Guillaume POIRIER
<poirierg at gmail.com> napisał:
>> mplayer
>> doesn't produce original SRT format but just an utf8 encoded Unix text
>> file
>> variation of original format. Compatibility is important or you are
>> doing
>> like
>> MS defining your "proper" solutions.
>
> Nope, what MS usually does is not conforming to
> standards/norms/whatever which have been published before any
> implementation is even available. Like CSS 2 or other nice
> technologies...
Of course you are right here. I agree with you completly.

> If you can show us the norm, then it'll allow this discussion to end
> with a proper solution, but until then...
For me the norm is the SubRip code from which we could clearly see
that SRT files have a cr/lf line endings.

Regards
--
Adam Tlałka      mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
System  & Network Administration Group           ~~~~~~
PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl