[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Small changes to subreader.c file

Adam Tlałka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Mon Oct 10 16:00:53 CEST 2005

Dnia Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:48:59 +0200, Adam Tlałka <atlka at pg.gda.pl>
napisał:
>> On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 11:59:28AM +0200, Matthias Wieser wrote:
of course this should be
Am Sonntag, 9. Oktober 2005 16:11 schrieb Rich Felker:
> [...]
Sorry to say that but I have some DVD videos which play smoothly on the
hardware player
and terribly choke under Linux. Neither MPlayer nor Xine can play them
correctly.
What is interesting they play nicely under Windows.
I think that we have some problems with continous transfer from DVD
device
in Linux so it have choppy playback on 1x or 2x playing speed.
-cache option doesn't help and even makes it worse because drive stops
and starts again which has terrible effect on playback.
No problem with hardware player here.;-)

>> Because they only support very limited, crappy codecs
You can flash them to a new versions.

>>> and encourage idiots to reencode all their files to match
>>> these limitations.
Because some gays produce output in noncompatible formats.

>>> Many people do lots of stupid things...
> I am not the only one.

Mattias
Sorry for bad copying - it can lead to wrong interpretation.

Regards
--
Adam Tlałka      mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
System  & Network Administration Group           ~~~~~~
PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl