[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Small changes to subreader.c file

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 01:08:12 CEST 2005

Hi,

On 10/11/05, Adam Tlałka <atlka at pg.gda.pl> wrote:
> Dnia Mon, 10 Oct 2005 22:23:05 +0200, Guillaume POIRIER
> <poirierg at gmail.com> napisał:

[..]

> > As you saw, that issue is controversial, so my feeling is that it does
> > legitimate to give ppl a choice to generate CR/LF SRT files.
> It is not very controversial is you judge all of the argumentation.
> The program is created to be usable and to produce the most usable format.
> In this case it seems to be cr/lf one.

to put it in a nutshell, I guarantee you that no solution other than
an option to -dumpsrtsub (or similar) has a chance to make it to
MPlayer source tree.

It's useless for you to argue further about whether your point is the
way to go or not, let us shoot ourselves in our foot by not being
compliant with the "standard"; just send a decent revised patch, and
live with the fact that we may be wrong here, but it's hard to make
everyone happy about everything.

Guillaume
--
Reading doesn't hurt, really!