[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Wed Oct 12 08:59:44 CEST 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 01:24:03 -0400
Ergzay <ergzay at everyoneproductions.com> wrote:

> I do not think that having CR/LF as an option is correct. From what
> I've seen Linux users have no problem reading CR/LF text files unless
> you use some obscure reader (which you shouldn't be using in the first
> place, just use vim or emacs).

You should have no problems with Unix line-endings unless you use some
platform which you shouldn't be using (like Windows or Mac).

This is a completely ridiculous argument.

> If 50% of all hardware players support
> CR/LF endings and only 30% of those players support files with only LF
> endings then of course CR/LF should be used as it is more compatible

Well then don't ever use MPEG-4, since MPEG-1 is more compatible.

In fact, don't use Linux, because Windows is more compatible.

> Mplayer is for users, not developers, stop thinking that it's here for
> you (to all developers).

See how much MPlayer progresses without all the developers...