[MPlayer-dev-eng] Small changes to subreader.c file

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 09:47:53 CEST 2005

2005/10/11, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 04:59:11PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:

> > > The AUTHORS file does not help when looking for maintainers, though.
> > > Most parts of the code are not maintained by their original authors
> > > nowadays.
> > >
> > > If somebody considers himself the maintainer of code part X, he better
> > > list himself in MAINTAINERS, or at least not blame anybody for believing
> > > part X to be unmaintained...
> >
> > Diego, please stop nagging. When I commited I clearly stated that this
> > peace of code is mine, I had wrote it. I do not claim maintainership
> > of the whole subreader.c because of this.
> > Replacing the arguments is old flaming/trolling technique and I am
> > surprised to see you using it.
>
> I'm not trying to flame/troll here, although - admittedly - trying to
> raise an unrelated valid point in a flame thread is difficult to say the
> least.
>
> My point remains: Whoever is not listed in MAINTAINERS cannot expect
> others to know they are maintaining some random part of MPlayer.  If you
> wish for this fact to be known, announce it, otherwise don't complain.
>
> I'm saying this in general, not aimed at anyone in particular.

Generally speaking, I expect when I say that this code is mine, the
people who read it to consider that either this code is mine or that I
lie about it.
And specificly speaking, mine statement is quoted in the rich reverse
announcement in this thread.

Now, back to the subject.
Here is forward of the reply I get.