[MPlayer-dev-eng] Checking on the neu-team's doings so far - Was: [bug?] OSX 10.4.2, lame 3.96.1 vs. libMP3 (today cvs)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Oct 20 10:48:04 CEST 2005

Hi,

> > G2
> > >

> > > I thought arpi is on that task... We are still waiting for him lgpl
> > fork.
> >
> > Yes i was, but i gave up this one-person war against the developers...
> > (you keep refusing all my ideas of vo, vf APIs and others)
> >

> Hum?? Just to be sure. We are not talking about g2 that is in the cvs and is
> still GPL, we are talking
> about your private fork (or it was complete rewrite) that you had stared
> developing all by yourself,

g2 in cvs is an old fork of my work, forked by alex for unknown reason.
(he commited, applied some cosmetics and did nothing more)

i did not rewrote it from scratch, i just rebuild it from scratch but only
for technical reasons (different filesystem layout, path changes, and
to filter out some unused/required includes).

> and for what you get permission from Michael to
> use swscaler under LGPL license.

I did not get permission, just promise. It's a big difference.

> And you tell me that I had stopped this fork by opposing your ideas?
>
> Anyway, i've never been against your ideas. How could I. And even if I am,
> why would it matter?

Anyway i mean Rich, not you, for flaming my vf ideas, but you wanst on good
opinion about my vo, neither. And - even if it's so surprising - your opinion
does count for me, just like some others (not all, for example i dont care
at all if Gabu says my vf api design is bad :)).
I did not want to wrote the whole g2 app myself, i just wanted to create a
stable base & framework, and let all you do the rest - ie. porting your vo,
vf drivers, codecs, whatever. If everyone who counts are against me, then
it's a dead, useless work. I did not gave up g2 completely, but suspended
for unknown time period...

> If you feel better you can blame me for the high gas prices too.

I dont care of gas prices, my g5 uses electricity only.
(and i use it for warming the room, too.)

A'rpi