[MPlayer-dev-eng] switch to svn

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Oct 21 15:10:48 CEST 2005

On Fri, Oct 21, 2005 at 03:09:10PM +0300, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> 2005/10/21, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de>:
> >
> > To be precise: Subversion itself is independent of the network layer,
> > but currently there are just two server implementations, svnserve and
> > Apache + mod_dav_svn.
>
> Somehow I don't like the idea on depending on Apache for everything.
> Even for the reason that in case of slashdoting we won't be able to
> commit stuff.

No.  Apache/svn does not have to listen on port 80 and would not in our
case.  At the very least it would run with SSL encryption over port 443
or some other port, but not 80.

> Not to say that an single apache/module  vulnerablility could lead to
> compromise of the whole reposity.

Whatever server process you run will obviously affect the repository
security...

In any case svnserve vs Apache has not yet been decided.

> Also I personally dislike the svn http anonymous fetching. Long time
> ago i didn't compile the optional lib (dav?) and I had to download the
> whole source tree everytime, because svn reposity was http only.

Fix your subversion client.

Diego