[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Wondering if a donation of a Mini-ITX motherboard is needed?

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Fri Oct 28 18:32:08 CEST 2005

Guillaume Poirier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jan Knutar wrote:
>> On Wednesday 12 October 2005 22:29, Rune Kristian Viken wrote:
>>
>>>Are these cards mostly supported, included mpeg encoding/decoding chips
>>>or whatever?
>>

>> There were patches floating around to support the mpeg decoder, not sure
>> if they were working or what.

What about Ivan? would he like to have a board to play with?

> Ivor Hewitt worked on the MPEG-2 decoding part of those VIA chips. The
> problem is that IFAIK, the way it's done doesn't suit the people in
> charge of that part of MPlayer (as a better solution, yet to be
> developed, would be to add a generic support of hardware acceleration so
> that each new support is simpler and smaller).

I'll split the patch into two ffmpeg and mplayer pieces and resubmit this
weekend. I don't see why not just apply the current patches and rewrite
when a more generic method is decided upon?

> Latest patches can be found here: http://unichrome.sourceforge.net/

Actually latest patches can be found here:
http://myth.ivor.org/unichrome

Cheers,
Ivor.