[MPlayer-dev-eng] NUT cleanup

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Sep 5 17:15:51 CEST 2005

Hi

On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 11:31:11PM +0300, Oded Shimon wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 09:15:41PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> > Rich Felker wrote:
> > > Most definitely not!!
> > > Subtitle has a 'codec' just like audio and video, and has a specific
> > > interpretation that should be supported by all players. Metadata is
> > > just the same useless crap that can be put in info packets, tagged
> > > key/value pairs, except that it's muxed in the file rather than in a
> > > global header so it can represent info that changes (such as new song
> > > title on a radio).
> >
> > Metadata should have a codec attached too, think about overlay
> > information for documentaries expressed as vector graphics and text.
> >
> > You'd put that as subtitle or metadata?
>
> What exactly is Metadata??...

data about data :)
maybe we should rename the stream types to video,audio,subtitle,data?

[...]

> 2. whats colorspace_type?

theres not one YUV space but many, if you dont know which is used the
colors will be somewhat wrong

> is it needed?...

well, sadly something like that is needed, as many codecs dont store this
info in the video stream ...
the audio channel order could be similar problem iam not sure

> 3. The spec doesn't say how you put the index "per stream", it only says to
> put a single index... Rich said entire index should be repeated for each
> stream, spec should mention this.

yes it should be >=1 index per stream, feel free to fix the spec

[...]

--
Michael