[MPlayer-dev-eng] NUT cleanup

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Sep 5 19:07:35 CEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 05:15:51PM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > is it needed?...
>
> well, sadly something like that is needed, as many codecs dont store this
> info in the video stream ...
> the audio channel order could be similar problem iam not sure

IMO there is no audio channel order in the audio data stream, just
audio channel positions. The order they come out is entirely dependent
on the decoder and how it (stupidly) interleaves them rather than
leaving them as separate per-channel streams. If you think it would be
useful to have something like a list of channel positions or a
positional layout tag, I'd be ok with it.

> > 3. The spec doesn't say how you put the index "per stream", it only says to
> > put a single index... Rich said entire index should be repeated for each
> > stream, spec should mention this.
>
> yes it should be >=1 index per stream, feel free to fix the spec

Hmm, >=1? why the > part? The only place it's possible to store the
index is the end, and repeating it there isn't very useful..

Rich