[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] h264 ES parser problems

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Fri Sep 16 18:44:27 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 05:24:58PM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> this file does not play right unless you use -demuxer lavf:
> http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0326863/ats/bbc-sample_small.mpg
> I mostly tracked down the place of the bug, but I don't know the right
> fix.
> The attached patch makes this file play, but might break lots of others.
> If you know the right fix, please send a patch (or fix right away).

Ok, a version with ideas taken from the parser in h264.c. I think it
is not really correct but seems to work.
When you comment out either the new breaks on top or on bottom it will
still work.
There is one weird thing though. From reading the specs I had concluded
that if there is a NAL nr.9 it should be delievered before the frame
data (this would happen if you moved these conditions up). But in this
case MPlayer seems to just hang...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger