[MPlayer-dev-eng] NUT, what's left

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sat Sep 17 10:37:29 CEST 2005

On Sat, Sep 17, 2005 at 10:06:20AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > 3. info packets... how should they be used at all
>
> see attached patch

Nice patch, but i'm utterly confused.

1. you should clarify now that 'metadata' stream means an only info packets
   stream, and not some other random metadata.
2. since info packets are now literal frames in streams, you can have
   multiple info streams? they have pts's and their own time base? they
   should all be marked as key frames? (doesn't really matter).
3. why do we still need info_startcode? it can be removed.
4. what do you mean by pts difference of zero? it's identical to the
   stream's "last_pts"? why not just use '0'? it makes more sense (they are
   at the begginning, apply globally, sound like '0' to me).
5. do these streams deserve an index?...

- ods15