[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to convert MPEG1/2 elementary streams to separate program streams?

shaswata jash shaswata_jash at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 20 15:42:28 CEST 2005

How an elementary stream can be converted to a program stream? More specifically , I am in-fact getting an MPEG1/2 elementary stream from Live's RTP server according to RFC 2250. Now after getting this ES, i want to change that individual ES to program stream. So obviously two separate program streams will be created and each of these PS will contain separately an audio and video data.
I thought of following approach ----> Whenever a sequence_header arrives in RTP packet, start writing the media data to a file until the next sequence_header. Now add sequence_end code ( 0x000001B7) and program_end code  ( 0x000001B7) at the last of the file. But obvious problem i am facing is that the players can't play that program stream. This may be due to absence PACK_header and program stream specific data. How to form those necessary data ?
Any help in this matter will be highly helpful.