[MPlayer-dev-eng] How to convert MPEG1/2 elementary streams toseparateprogram streams?

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Wed Sep 21 15:12:06 CEST 2005

shaswata jash wrote:

>Thanks Nico Sabbi  for the reply.

you're welcome, but don't top post in mplayer lists, please.

>After your suggestion i will obviously try to form only one program stream from the two elementary streams ( MPEG2 audio and video).

it's what I imagined

> Now to form the PS, i need PACK_HEADER, SYSTEM_HEADER, Length of Packetised elementary stream and other necessary extension data (e.g. to hold information for syncronization like Presentation time stamp etc). In this case, my understanding may not be completely right.

it's what libmpdemux/muxer_mpeg.c does

>Now my problem is that i am getting the ES stream through RTP (which follows RFC 2250 for MPEG payload packetization) and i have to form the PS with necessary data from that much of information only. Is it possible?

yes, read the above file. It receives from mencoder (and all its stream
readers and demuxers (in this
case live libraries and demux_rtp.cpp) the audio and video streams to
mux together,
and after having parsed them the muxer determines the timestamps and the
other parameters

>If so, any hint  ( specifically C/C++ code) to the above mentioned job will be highly helpful.

read the code :) although it's quite a mess

 Sponsor:
 Prestiti Online. Scopri subito se sei finanziabile. in 24 ore senza spese né anticipi, clicca qui
*
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2908&d=21-9