[MPlayer-dev-eng] Receiving data RTP/MP2T over UDP

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Mon Nov 13 14:42:47 CET 2006

jacob wrote:

> I need to adapt mplayer to RTP/MP2T, for RTP I use the live555
> libraries but i have no idea how to make mplayer to detect that the
> traffic received is mpeg2-ts.

rtp:// already works as you need. Notice that it doesn't use live555
and it's not the same stream as rtsp://

> -demuxer flag doesn't work for this purpose because it needs to call
> two demuxers, first demux_rtp and then demux_ts.

indeed it can't work

> The RTP negotation works well, mplayer open the socket but doesn't use
> the demux_ts demuxer. If a take the UDP traffic and send it directly
> to mplayer it detects that the traffic is mpeg2-ts and reproduce it (i
> make this with netcat and the - flag).
>
> Where can I begin to change source code?, I think that would be in
> libmpdemux/demuxer.c but I'm not sure.

in theory you don't need to change anything: the code to detect and open
the TS demuxer from rtsp and rtp streams was added (and tested) years ago.
Give us more informations about how you are sending and how you
are receiving the stream, please