[MPlayer-dev-eng] Cache optimized rotation.

David Bateman adb014 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 12:06:36 CEST 2007

Hi Reimar,

Thanks for the comments, however there is one overriding question for this
patch that needs answering. There were two alternative patches attached to
the original mail. Is the tiled version of the code preferable or is the
updated version of the one proposed by Michael preferable? The tiled version
is slightly faster as the access to input and output buffers is always to
consequetive bytes, but the other version is only slightly slower easier to
understand and probably more easily maintained.

Your comments are for the tiled version of the code, and I'll take them into
account for a new patch, but of course would prefer to have the overriding
question of which version to base the future patch on. I suppose this
question does really even need a deep reading of the patch, just a feeling
of which version would be preferred..

Regards
David