[MPlayer-dev-eng] video filter layer

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Sat Apr 21 13:19:39 CEST 2007

Hi

On Sat, Apr 21, 2007 at 09:54:29AM +0200, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
[...]
> There are also things like having both MP_IMGFLAG_READABLE
> MP_IMGFLAG_PRESERVE, seems somewhat questionable to me whether one makes
> sense without the other...

IIRC the original idea was that a buffer could be in video memory (preserved
but slow as hell to read)

and conditional replenish based codecs just update some pixels but leave the
remainder unchanged, they also dont read from the buffer so they would
theoretically benefit from such buffers

but IMHO its an obscure feature which is pretty unimportant

[...]

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. -- Aristotle