[MPlayer-dev-eng] [patch] prefer ALSA over OSS

Sven Gothel sgothel at jausoft.com
Sat Apr 28 18:42:08 CEST 2007

On Saturday 28 April 2007 at 10:25, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 09:33:27AM -0600, Sven Gothel wrote:
> > It's a long time ago, I checked and worked on QNX,
> > but if the don't support ALSA 0.5, and if you don't want to dump them,
> > well - you might want to keep it in.
> > Not that I really care ;-)
>
> Does QNX support OSS or newer versions of ALSA?

AFAIR .. they only had an ALSA 0.5 emulation layer,
no OSS. but this knowledge is about .. 2.5 years ago.

IMHO keeping ole stuff in, as long they don't cause too much pain,
ain't that bad. Even they don't get tested really, at least they get
compiled ;-)

> I faintly remember something about IRIX, but I'm not really sure ...

Me neither, never really did audio programming under the other unices.

Sven