[MPlayer-dev-eng] PVR Channel Navigation

Sven Gothel sgothel at jausoft.com
Sat Apr 28 18:56:27 CEST 2007

Anybody .. in charge ? ;-)

I also would like to ask,
if it's OK to add a 'stream dump' command/key
for immediate recording ..

May be even using a 2nd device.

The true question here is,
how much of a TV application features would be welcome ?
	- immediate recording
	- support n devices
	- xmltv overlay information
	- ..

Just asking for yet another VDR/Myth/Freevo ;-)

But speaking frankly, don't they all lack of the proper
video/filter features ?

Now, MPlayer supports BTV/DVB/PVR/.., all the video output devices, etc..
where all other TV apps fail.

I read a little python code (Freevo and Freevo2),
same thing there, just a hard time to integrate the external
main feature.

While doing this, i.e. the biggest task would be to implement a nice
RGBA overlay, which replaces the ancient Y of UV based OSD ;-)
Sure, at the time being, it was neat to just sum the Y info of the YUV
framebuffer - but today, it's not enough any more (IMHO, of course).

Just a few thoughts.

Sven