[MPlayer-dev-eng] r23172 - in trunk/gui: interface.c mplayer/common.c mplayer/gtk/eq.c mplayer/gtk/menu.c mplayer/gtk/opts.c mplayer/gtk/url.c mplayer/menu.c mplayer/mw.c mplayer/sw.c

SciFi sci-fi at hush.ai
Mon Apr 30 10:40:55 CEST 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:03:18 +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 20:24:52 +0000 (UTC) SciFi <sci-fi at hush.ai> wrote:
>
>> (Gmane won't let us post to -cvs, so I must post this to the next-best
>> place i.e. -devel please)
>
> All MPlayer mailinglists are subscriber only. Don't post onto them over
> gmane, you just create work for the mailinglist admin.
>
> 			Attila Kinali

Attila,

You may not have remembered the complaints about replying to a
discussion which starts a new thread.  Some of us can't help this
due to the way Hushmail and other e-mail services operate.  Gmane
however "does the right thing"[tm].

Gmane has been requiring ppl to register directly to the maillist
as well, but they suggest turning off mailings -- one is still
registered but not receiving anything.  This lets ppl use gmane
without further admins getting involved.  I have done this, months
ago, or I would not be able to post here during all this time.

HOWEVER, gmane has marked most if not all -cvs lists as 'read
only', tho, so even if we do register we aren't permitted to post
there.  And again trying to reply with Hushmail will not keep the
threading, and I know how you-all react when posting to -cvs
without keeping proper threading there.  ;)

So unless some admin can alter the -cvs restrictions at gmane, we
are stuck with the present way to document the build problems
caused by those commits i.e. taking the discussion to -devel.

Thank you.