[MPlayer-dev-eng] unrarlib still broken on 64bit

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jul 5 22:20:26 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 09:20:22AM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 17:28:24 +0200
> Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
>
> > I'm aware of this.  The problem is that these subs are likely compressed
> > with rar 3 and not rar 2 or similar.  In any case there are two
> > incompatible rar versions and (our) unrarlib only supports the older
>
> Those few rar'ed subs i have are rar2 compressed.
> But i have to admit, that i don't mind uncompressing the subs
> before watching. So IMHO the unrarlib feature isn't important
> for me.

what about the obvious solution to just execute the decompressor and
pipe the sub through it?
we could trivially support rar3, lzma, bzip2, ppmd, paq, ... that way
no need for having the decompressor in the mplayer binary ...

[...]

No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness. -- Aristotle