[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer (current SVN) fails to find sound in *.bin VCD image

Nico Sabbi nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jul 28 10:44:05 CEST 2007

Bernhard Rosenkraenzer wrote:
> mplayer fails to find the sound track (normal mp3) in some bin/cue VCD images.
> Adding -aid 0 to the command line "fixes" it, but this should probably be
> autodetected, given there is only 1 sound track.
>
> Playing brokensound.bin.
> MPEG-PS file format detected.
> VIDEO:  MPEG1  352x288  (aspect 8)  25.000 fps    0.0 kbps ( 0.0 kbyte/s)

unfortunately aid 0 is not the only track present:

0000b822: picture hdr, frametype=0, temporal=0
0000b83e: pes audio 2; length=184; hdr=2; pts 64299.554 sec;
pstd=830464 (scale=1024)
0000c122: picture hdr, frametype=0, temporal=0

the first track is aid 2, that vanishes soon thereafter.
It's not the first time that I see a mess like that, but
adding some more detection magic (like removing too short
audio tracks) would result in more arbitrary code in an already messy
demuxer.
For your convenience pressing # will change audio track on the fly