[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/man/en mplayer.1,1.1161,1.1162

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Dec 6 01:35:50 CET 2005

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:

> On Monday, 05 December 2005 at 20:27, Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:

>> +.IPs threads=<0\-8>
>> +multithreaded decoding
>
> Some explanation of the parameter would be appropriate. Like "number
> of threads in multithreaded decoding", although I'm sure The Wanderer
> will have a better suggestion. ;)

How about something like "number of threads to use for decoding
(default: 1)"? Or is "threads=1" in fact different from omitting the
"threads" suboption altogether? (For that matter, what would "threads=0"
do, since there would then seem to be nothing to do the processing?)

And, if my tentative inference is accurate, a parenthetical or next-line
comment to the effect of "Useful only on multiprocessor machines" might
be appropriate.

On completely another point, is there any reason why this option was
inserted between "gray" and "idct" rather than between "sws" and "vc",
for proper alphabetical order?

> Or leave it as it is if you think it's self explanatory.

FTLIW, I don't think I'd have been able to figure out what it was
intended for without the fact that there was the brief bit of discussion
surrounding it.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.