[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/xml/en ports.xml,1.70,1.71

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Dec 10 21:56:32 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun CVS wrote:

> +<para>On Windows the runtime CPU-detection disables SSE support
> +  because of recurring and hard to trace SSE-related crashes. If you
> +  wish to have SSE support, you will have to compile without runtime
> +  CPU-detection.

I don't think that "runtime CPU-detection" is appropriate; the hyphen
makes it weird. I'd prefer to remove the hyphen, as would seem to be
required by (unwritten?) policy.

(I'd also prefer to hyphenate "hard-to-trace", but that's less important
IMO.)

I'd say "If you wish to have SSE support under Windows,", for full
accuracy - but that's because I'm paranoid about precision.

> +<para>If you have a Pentium 4 and are experiencing a crash using the
> +  realplayer codecs you may need to disable hyperthreading support.

Isn't that "RealPlayer"?

Also, comma after "codecs".

--
       The Wanderer