[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/help help_mp-en.h,1.214,1.215

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Dec 16 00:51:07 CET 2005

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 03:50:17PM -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet wrote:

>>> Well, just a few things:
>>>
>>> if you want to shorten my name, use Reynaldo Verdejo ;)
>>
>> Acknowledged - I wasn't sure, but I'll try to remember this in
>> future.
>
> Some background info: In Spanish-speaking country people get the
> names of both parents, so Reynaldo's dad is called Verdejo and his
> mom Pinochet, my dad is Biurrun, my mom Sotelo, thus making my full
> name Enrique Diego Biurrun Sotelo.

Okay, I did not know that. Thanks for expanding my world a little.

>> (Avoiding the shorter forms would come more easily if I could be
>> sure enough of my editor to write the commit message somewhere
>> other than the command line, and so be able to split it into
>> multiple lines..)
>
> If you just use 'cvs commit', you'll be dropped into an editor, vi as
> default or whatever you have in the VISUAL or EDITOR environment
> variables...

Yes - the problem is that I do not want to find myself in vi (never have
understood how people can manage to use it), and even though I seem to
recall having added a line to set the appropriate environment variable
to my .bashrc the variable is not set and the line does not seem to be
there.

(As a side note, since the man page doesn't seem to address the question
and it's not the kind of thing I want to just experiment with: is there
any way, once the editor has been invoked, to cancel the commit without
just killing the process?)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.