[MPlayer-DOCS] CVS: main/DOCS/xml/en encoding-guide.xml, 1.36, 1.37

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Dec 27 12:58:17 CET 2005

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 10:35:00AM +0100, Guillaume Poirier CVS wrote:

> +  Choosing the video codec to use depends on several factors, some of
> +  which widely depend on personal taste and technical constraints.

s/widely depend/depend/ IMO at least

> +  <footnote id='fn-menc-feat-dvd-mpeg4-codec-cpu'>
> +  <para>Be careful, however: decoding DVD-resolution MPEG-4 AVC videos

Capitalize after the colon.

> +  Therefore, you cannot be wrong
> +  by choosing MPEG-4 AVC codecs like

  Therefore, you cannot go wrong choosing

or

  Therefore, you cannot go wrong when choosing

> +  What's more, beginning to use a new codec requires that you spend some
> +  time becoming familiar with its available options, so that you know what

IMO there are no unavailable options, so I'd drop 'available' here.

> +  (beware: usually, not all MPEG-4 ASP features are supported).

Capitalize both before and after the colon.

> +  or Google around for more information.

Google is used as a verb here, so no capitalization.

> +  That's why they tend to yield the best quality per fps.

Maybe explain this better, like the Wanderer remarked "quality per
encoding time ratio" or similar.

> +  settings of the video codec (which doesn't mean you should not experiment

Avoid short forms, some more are used in the text.

Diego