[Mplayer-dvb] ac3 sound in vdr file not recognized by mplayer and mencoder ?Wed Jan 2 21:17:00 2002

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 2 20:18:31 CET 2002

Hi,

>  > Has anybody tried to watch vdr files with ac3 sound ?
>
> My guess would be that the audio PES in the vdr files don't have an
> AC3 header. The A52 (AC3 via ATSC and as it seems also DVB) format doesn't
> require the header and if vdr doesn't add the header, mplayer probably
> won't recognize it as AC3.

hmm. you're right.
my hotfix fixed demuxer, but it played the mpeg stream.
if i force ac3 stream, i got:

A52 sync failed
Unknown/missing audio format, using nosound

so, it won't be easy to fix, i think.
what header is missing? just that 2 syncbytes, or more?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu