[Mplayer-dvb] future plans

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jan 28 00:23:45 CET 2002

Hi,

> > > Sounds fantastic! When do you plan to put it into cvs ?
> >
> > it's in the cvs. in ffmpeg's cvs and in mplayer's cvs. you have to update
> > both
>
> hi, and what about libmp1e ?
> when will the mpegpes-output-driver use it?

As i said dseveral times nowdays here, i tried it. It's faster.
But it's buggy, because it uses pthreads, and mplayer is not thread-safe.
It drops 1 frame / sec, from unknown reason, and sometimes crashes.
Someone should cleanup it, remove all htreading and muxing and unneeded
stuff, and left onlt the video encoder core. But it means full rewrite :(
Anyway, Michael's today commit made libavcodec near to mp1e in speed,
and few days ago he fixed the qscale=2 artifacts.

> how much cpu will it use?
hey, seee above, from the 5th line of this mail

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu