[Mplayer-dvb] replay on DVB stammers

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 31 01:42:39 CET 2002

Hi,

> I am testing this as well. Problem seems to be the CPU load. Try
> additional parameter x=320. This works for my Celeron900, but the
> picture quality is not good.
cel 900 should be enough...
anyway i can't test, as i have p4 1.8g currently, but i've <40% cpu load
at dvd sized fullscreen playback.

> In the meantime, i think about offline conversion to mpegpes, and then
> playing this with mplayer. With 0.60, A/V is out of sync otherwise fine.
forget 0.60 for DVB, it has old unfinished code...
i've worked a lot on dvb support at january, _after_ 0.60 has been released.
it's in cvs only.

> Using the latest CVS MPlayer-20020130 with very recent libavcodec and
how recent? the mpeg encoder of ffmpeg is under optimization nowdays, to keep
always uptodate cvs of it to get best quality+performance.

> the commandlines (mplayer-convert is mplayer with --disable-dvb to
> generate a mpg file)
>
> (cd /video/MPLAYER; mplayer-convert  -y 576 -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes
> -cache 4096 -vc ffdivx *.avi)
>
> and then
>
> mplayer -v -ao mpegpes -vo mpegpes -vc mpegpes /video/MPLAYER/grab.mpg
>
> I get all over
>   {PTS_err:1}
>   {PTS_err:1}
>   {PTS_err:1}  .7 A-V: 77.953 ct:  2.452  614/614   4% 86%  0.0% 0 0 0%
>
> and no sound anymore.

hmm. i'll test this.
it shouldn't happen anyway...

did you tried without -cache ?
-cache is a bit tricky code because of the fork(), and it may cause unwanted
trouble at various places... :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu