[Mplayer-users] fonts

brendan at tjs.org brendan at tjs.org
Sun Apr 1 03:28:39 CEST 2001

> Anyway I will never understand why rpm -i or dpkg -i are better than
> ./configure;make;make install. In the later case your system components
> will be detected, and the whole stuff will be optimized for your CPU, and
> everything will match your libs/kernel versions.

How about easy remove? "make uninstall" has NEVER worked for me, and that's when it's included (many programs don't have it. Perhaps this isn't a problem for you, but I enjoy keeping a clean system (no old parts of stuff hanging around gumming up the works). That's why I love the debian/ dir, I can make debs and install/remove them as I please.