[Mplayer-users] 3dfx & Xvideo??

Sam Lown sam at location10-11.com
Sun Apr 1 05:18:25 CEST 2001

Acording to the last section of the FAQ on the MPlayer Pages:

Q: When using Xvideo, I can't play DivX avis with my Voodoo 3/Banshee ! It
says:
..
Xvideo image format: 0x32315659 (YV12) planar
Xvideo image format: 0x30323449 (I420) planar
..
A: Your driver is old, update it. The new driver also supports YUY2
required for DivX.

I have exactly the same output as this and my question is, Which Driver is
too old?? There are so many drivers for the 3dfx it makes this answer just
a little bit cryptic! As far as I know I am running all the latest drivers,
but with the 3dfx mess up, I can't be sure.

Thanks,
Sam