[Mplayer-users] turning off directshow?

Gabucino gabucino at k2.jozsef.kando.hu
Thu Apr 5 16:03:50 CEST 2001

It's the Question that drives us, David Fenstermacher :
> is there some compile or runtime option in MPlayer to turn off
> DirectShow support for Divx movies, and revert back to using the old
remove -DUSE_DIRECTSHOW from Makefile row 37 .. or use Makefile.No-DS (guess
why it's there:)

> .dll file?  Ever since MPlayer has started using the divx_c32.ax file, I
> have found that divx movies have played much, much slower on my machine.
No way.

> Could this be a problem with my machine/software?  or does the newer
Sure. But next time tell us what vo driver, videocard, CPU, anything you
use. And the CPU usage percentages, properties of the DivX file, etc, etc...

> the codecs directory.  That didn't work with MPlayer.  Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance for your help...
I have a slow CPU (K6/2 286Mhz), but there is _no_ speed decrease with
DirectShow. What CPU do you have?
(maybe there is a postprocessing option /pp/ in your config file?)

--
Gabucino