[Mplayer-users] MPlayer and SDL

Stefan Recksiegel sr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Apr 9 07:22:49 CEST 2001

Hi,

> For best performance, you don't want to use SDL scaling. Add in a
> number of low resolution (doublescan?) modes to your X config file,
> and use normal DGA output, but zoom into the image using the
> mode-switching abilities of -vo dga.

sorry, I should have added this:
The current Savage4 driver produces an output on the TV port
only for the 640x480 resolution, I cannot use lower resolutions, I
have tried that already. What bothers me most is that dga somehow
seems to work, but the TV output chip just loses the sync, so I
cannot use dga. I should probably carry a monitor home to check
whether it really is the TV out chip. For everything else I use
my notebook, but it would really be nice to use the server to
watch movies ...

Stefan