[Mplayer-users] a proposal for a user interface

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Apr 9 23:24:49 CEST 2001

Hi,

> >pause
> <ok
> >stop
> <ok
> >totaltime
> <01:52:17
> >time
> <12:18:10
> >forwardto 01:02:03
> <ok
> >forwardby 10:10
>
> you get the meaning...
yes... but it's not so simple now.
current mplayer main code is too messy...
for example, it's hanged while paused, so can't reply your commands.
it doesn't know the total time of movie.
and it can't seek to absolute position, just to relative.

we are working on rewritting some parts, and many code cleanups has been
done in last days. after it, we'll maybe add such interface...

now you can feed it with key codes to control. and parse it's status line
for time info.

btw mplayer has already 2 gui projects in development, after some cleanup
they will be merged into the trunk version.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu