[Mplayer-users] font bitmap format?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 11 05:19:59 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I thought about that too, but it doesn't seem to be too widely
> supported (Paint Shop Pro 7 can read/write it, but photoshop (5.5) doesn't, I
> don't use gimp so I don't know about that...)
Hmm.

Maybe the best solution is an external, optional converter program (under
linux) to convert from gif/png/pcx/... to .raw or .pgm

So normal users don't need those big or nonfree decoding libraries (not everyone
has libpng installed...), only the font developers have to install it.

Pontscho: can you help with this? You already did some work on png,gif tga
etc bitmap readers in the GUI. Or any other volunteers?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu