[Mplayer-users] Wish-list for slow machines ( like mine :-(

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Wed Apr 11 09:57:03 CEST 2001

> It would help computers with slow graphics (non-accel.)
even with S3 Virge you get acceleration with XV. Try it.

> Second a setting which puts most emphasis on sound.
Ooh, that would be great. But IIRC we already had this topic here and arpi
said 'NO'. is that correct?

> smoothly and play only video frames, if time is left for that.
aviplay uses totally different method for syncing a-v and it works just
like that. Only that it's slower and there is no console-only frontend :(

Did I understand correctly that mplayer's a-v sync is based on audio? -
video mplays only when it's count is less that audio's ? and the other way
round?

--
xx xxx...
    Eyck at irc.pl        dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl