[Mplayer-users] Asus ASV2 codec

Felix.Buenemann at gmx.de Felix.Buenemann at gmx.de
Sun Apr 15 10:37:02 CEST 2001

-- First of all happy eastern to all of you. --

Hi,
> Arpi wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >

> > > I did a "grep UYVY /usr/lib/win32/*" and most players seems to know i
> > > but forcing divxc32.dll to use it, didnt work (ICDecompressQuery fail
> ed)
> > no, it's a bug (or what) in divx and mpeg4 codecs.
> > there is a workaround, it's called YUVHACK by me. you must init and que
> ry
> > the codec with RGB16 format, but change the biCompression field to YUY2
>
> > (or other YUV format) whan call decompress. It works this way.
> > I dunno why aren't YUV formats accepted by init/query functions.
>
> ah, i  wondered why the outfmt didnt get set when yuvhack was enabled..
> does that mean it does only YUY2?
>
> > > i noted also that on some testfile the video jumps occasionaly (its
> > > small size
> > > and no probleme for my cpu) and another file (larger resolution) seem
> > > to not skip frames.
>
> note, this is both with UYVY!
>
> > > and another thing: when i output the avi with an RGB format,
> > > after some seconds playing, i get an error in the demuxer:
> > >     DEMUXER: Too many (51 in 4243072 bytes) video packets in the buff
> er!
> > >     (maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or video codec fail
> ed)
> > > then the audio (uncompressed pcm) stops playing, but the video still
> > > plays..
> > your video card is slow for displaying RGB frames, isn't?
>
> its not that slow.. displaying highres divx with vo x11 does work more
> or less ok
> i.e. no demuxer problems
>

> oh, and i just saw that the changes are applied to cvs but with a liitle
> bug:
>
> videocodec asv2
>   info "ASUS V2"
>   status buggy
> - comment "pixelized image, upside down"
>
> + comment "pixelized image"
>
>   fourcc ASV2
>   driver vfw
>   dll "asusasv2.dll"
> -  out YVYU
> +  out UYVY flip
>

> its UYVY not YVYU as stated in DOCS/CODECS.. and yes i did get confused
> too with all these Us Y and Vs :)
me too (I applied the patch)

> oh and in vo_sdl are the additional IMGFMTS missing in the init
> function:
> instead of
>
>        switch(format){
>           case IMGFMT_YV12:
>                 sdl_format=SDL_YV12_OVERLAY;
>                 printf("SDL: Using YV12 image format\n");
>           break;
>           case IMGFMT_YUY2:
>                 sdl_format=SDL_YUY2_OVERLAY;
>                 printf("SDL: Using YUY2 image format\n");
>           break;
>           case IMGFMT_UYVY:
>                 sdl_format=SDL_UYVY_OVERLAY;
>                 printf("SDL: Using UYVY image format\n");
>           break;
>           default:
>             printf("SDL: Unsupported image format (0x%X)\n",format);
>             return -1;
>
> i´d say something like:
>
>         switch(format){
>         case IMGFMT_YV12:
>         case IMGFMT_I420:
>         case IMGFMT_IYUV:
>         case IMGFMT_YUY2:
>         case IMGFMT_UYVY:
>         case IMGFMT_YUY2:
>         case IMGFMT_UYVY:
>         case IMGFMT_YVYU:
>             printf("SDL: Using 0x%X image format\n", format);
>             sdl_format = format;
>             break;
>         default:
>             printf("SDL: Unsupported image format (0x%X)\n",format);
>             return -1;
>         }
>
> i missed that in my patch.

I'll check that, I'm not yet sure SDL support all those formats directly,
the sdl docu only says:
#define SDL_YV12_OVERLAY  0x32315659  /* Planar mode: Y + V + U */
#define SDL_IYUV_OVERLAY  0x56555949  /* Planar mode: Y + U + V */
#define SDL_YUY2_OVERLAY  0x32595559  /* Packed mode: Y0+U0+Y1+V0 */
#define SDL_UYVY_OVERLAY  0x59565955  /* Packed mode: U0+Y0+V0+Y1 */
#define SDL_YVYU_OVERLAY  0x55595659  /* Packed mode: Y0+V0+Y1+U0 */

but I'll check the sdl sources for it.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix