[Mplayer-users] New multilanguage MPlayer subtitle-font

Felix Bünemann Felix.Buenemann at gmx.de
Tue Apr 17 00:03:56 CEST 2001

Hi Mplayer-Users,

we are currently creating a new multilanguage MPlayer subtitle font and
we've already finished it for english, german and hungarian characters, the other
languages (latin characters only) are already in the font, the only thing
YOU have to do to add your languages' special characters is the following:
Get ftp://thot.banki.hu/incoming/newfont/nfont.zip.
Make a backup of your current $HOME/.mplayer/font directory, unzip nfont.zip
to that directory overwriting files.
Now open up the nfont_a.png file in Gimp (or whatever you like) and the
font.desc file in vim (or your texteditor of choice). To add your characters to
the font.desc scroll down to the list of characters and add one line per
character in the form of "<character>"<space><x-coordinate in png file where the
character begins><space><x-coordinate in png file where the character ends>
Tip: in Gimp you see the x and y coordinates in the lower left corner in the
statusbar of the graphics window.
Here's a sample: "g" 120 136 - ok think it should be clear now.
To test if everythink went okay create a file test.sub containing the
folowing: {0}{99999}something<yourchar>something
Example, if you want to add "g" and "f" you would do something like
{0}{99999}xyzgxyfxy
Now you can test the alignment of you characters by doing "mplayer -sub
test.sub <somemoviefile>".

If you have finished adding your characters please mail me your font.desc
and test.sub containing all characters you added so I can proove everything is
ok and add it merge it with my font.desc.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix

http://www.gmx.net