[Mplayer-users] WMV1 format, and asfrecorder support...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 18 06:05:36 CEST 2001

Hi,

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2001 at 08:39:51PM -0500, Arpi wrote:
> >
> > but this should be fixed in 1-day cvs version.
>
> Yep, cvs updated just before I sent the email. I've been patiently
> trying this for quite a while, and haven't succeded yet.
>

> > > MPlayer 0.11cvs-010417-17:36  (C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy
> > seems to be fresh enough... upload the first 2MB of this file for us!
>
> 'asfrecorder -m 2 mms://media-event.online.no/bb_dircut_a_high' has been
> uploaded as "bb_dircut_a_high".
It's interesting.

mplayer is right. there is really no video streams in the file.
just run:

mplayer -v -v -v -v bb_dircut_a_high | grep streamno

all the packets in file are for stream 1 (audio).

maybe some extra parameters to asfercord needed...

try this file with other palyers, i'm sure in that they won't play it.
at least this 1.5 megz file.

i tried with aviplay, result is a silent hangup.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu