[Mplayer-users] changing audio playback rate

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Apr 18 10:55:48 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > > Hi... I recently came across a DivX (DIV3) video with MPEG layer-3 audio
> > > that plays at an incorrect framerate... It is reported as 23.98 fps
> > > but should be played at 27-30 fps. I fixed this with -fps 30 but
> > > unfortunately this does not change the audio playback rate.
> > > Can this be changed as well? (Let me know if you need the .avi file)
> > Not... you should change (fix) the AVI header.
> > I don't like the idea of some new switch and code to support one bad file.
>
> Well, shouldn't there be an equivalent of -fps for audio?
Ehh, it is not so simple...
I can't manipulate audio rate without losing a-v sync... everything is
syncronized to the audio. And I see no sense of changing audio rate.

> > Isn't the problem is 44khz vs 48khz audio? (48khz in file, but soundcard is
> > limited to 44?)
>
> Yeah, that's likely - it's a Creative SB64 Gold (ISA PnP)...
> Any way to fix that in software? I'm using linux OSS drivers right
> now... (no alsa)
Not yet. We'll move to libxmm, it supports (or at least will support)
downsampling.
Currently the only way is changing the card :)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu