[Mplayer-users] Re: Probable race condition issues preclude Mplayer from working on 1Ghz

Dylan Griffiths Dylan_G at bigfoot.com
Fri Apr 20 04:48:29 CEST 2001

> Hi,
>
> please try what i asked you for.
> A. change HAVE_AUDIO_SELECT to @undef in config.h, and recompile.
> B. start mlpayer wiht option -noalsa (it disables system timer code, and
>   uses soundcard's timer)
> One of A or B should work for you.

Nope.  In both situations, the first frame is rendered into the window, but
then the program goes off into an infinite loop again.  It's a bit better,
since we're getting a whole single frame decoded and blitted to the screen,
but I would certainly like to see it do this again and again for me :)

Am I right to assume that the emu10k1 driver has broken select code?

PS: Can you CC me any replies to the list?  Geocrawler disapears sometimes
:/
--
    www.kuro5hin.org -- technology and culture, from the trenches.